A message from our Youth Ministry Coordinator - Rita Butler
The time has arrived for your son or daughter, if they are ready, to complete their initiation into the Roman Catholic Church through the Sacrament of Confirmation. A full copy of the parent letter can be downloaded.
Parent Consent and Registration Form with the $10 Fee are due to Holy Trinity Parish on or before Monday April 12th.
The program this year consists of 5 online sessions. Sessions will run Wednesday nights for 5 consecutive weeks starting April 21st with the last session on May 19th. Our nights will begin at 6:30 p.m. and run until 8:00 p.m.
The Sacrament of Confirmation will take place at Holy Trinity Parish with Most Rev. Bishop Joseph Drabowski, CSMA on – Wednesday June 2nd, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.; Friday June 4th, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. and Wednesday June 9th, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
Once registration is completed we will determine which schools celebrate on which date.
It is evident from its celebration that the effect of the Sacrament of Confirmation is the special outpouring of the Holy Spirit as once granted to the apostles on the day of Pentecost.
From this fact, Confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace:
- it roots us more deeply in the divine filiation which makes us cry, "Abba! Father!" (Romans 8:15);
- it unites us more firmly to Christ;
- it increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us;
- it renders our bond with the Church more perfect;
- it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross:
Recall then that you have received the spiritual seal, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of right judgment and courage, the spirit of knowledge and reverence, the spirit of holy fear in God's presence. Guard what you have received. God the Father has marked you with his sign; Christ the Lord has confirmed you and has placed his pledge, the Spirit, in your hearts.
The Sacrament of Confirmation as described by Fr. Raphael Mary of the Catholic Newman Center at the University of Washington.